The representatives of Cristiano Ronaldo have held talks over his next move and two hurdles have been cleared, while Liverpool have seen off a strong contender in the race to sign Jude Bellingham – both in Wednesday’s Transfer Gossip.
CRISTIANO RONALDO EXIT TAKES SHAPE
David Beckham’s Inter Miami have made a ‘sensational move’ to bring Cristiano Ronaldo to America and a report has revealed two factors that can make the move a reality.
Ronaldo’s time at Old Trafford is all but over. An explosive interview with TalkTV’s Piers Morgan brought United into disrepute with the club now taking legal advice on what course of action they can take.
Erik ten Hag is understood to have told United chiefs Joel Glazer, Richard Arnold and John Murtough he never wants Ronaldo to play for Manchester United again.
The Dutchman was particularly irked by Ronaldo’s comment he has “no respect” for him. Clearly, the Portuguese icon has burned bridges on his way out.
They report three MLS clubs – Los Angeles FC, LA Galaxy and Inter Miami – are all interested after being alerted to Ronaldo’s availability.
Of the three, David Beckham’s Inter Miami are deemed the likeliest option and the publication detail two hurdles that won’t be a problem.
UCL, Neville issues both non-factors?
Firstly, Ronaldo has always made it known he wants to continue his Champions League legacy. Obviously, American clubs do not participate in the UCL.
However, it’s stated Beckham has personally spoken to Ronaldo’s camp and has been told the 37-year-old ‘is interested in a switch Stateside’. As such, it appears Ronaldo’s UCL demand has been relaxed.
Secondly, Inter Miami are currently managed by Phil Neville – the brother of Gary who Ronaldo has fallen out with.
Responding to Gary changing his stance on whether Ronaldo should remain at United, Ronaldo took aim at both Neville as well as Wayne Rooney during his tell-all interview.
But per the Sun, Ronaldo reportedly won’t let the Neville connection in Miami scupper a move. What’s more, Inter have recently lost a designated player in the form of Gonzalo Higuain.
MLS rules stipulate designated players are exempt from counting towards the salary cap. As such, Inter Miami can pay Ronaldo in and around what he wants without falling foul of the league’s financial regulations.
The newspaper add United are exploring ripping Ronaldo’s contract up, something that would make him a free agent.
That is another tick in the box for a move to Inter Miami who now appear to be the frontrunners to sign Ronaldo.
LIVERPOOL SEE OFF BELLINGHAM CONTENDER
Liverpool are ‘confident’ of wrapping up a deal to sign primary target Jude Bellingham in 2023 and the Dortmund ace has spurned one of his strongest suitors, per a report.
Reds fans may have feared what their future windows will look like under FSG after the American owners put the club up for sale.
Owners looking to sell are unlikely to dig deep into their pockets, though if a new buyer can’t be found, Liverpool will be stuck with owners who want out.
However, according to the Daily Express, any such fears are misplaced.
They report Liverpool are ‘confident’ of signing Jurgen Klopp’s ‘primary target’ Jude Bellingham next year, potentially as a ‘parting gift’.
The newspaper’s confidence stems from quotes of Fabrizio Romano. The trusted transfer guru told GiveMeSport: “Liverpool will be in the race, 100 per cent.
“They’re already in contact with people close to Jude Bellingham, so Liverpool will be there.”
The claim Liverpool officials are already in “close contact” with Bellingham’s camp tallies with the reporting of CBS Sports’ Ben Jacobs.
He previously reported that of all of Bellingham’s suitors in England, Liverpool were the ones laying the most groundwork and pulling the most levers behind the scenes.
Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool are all in the mix from England. From further afield, Real Madrid must be beaten.
However, per the Express, Liverpool need not worry about Chelsea and Todd Boehly no longer.
They add Bellingham has reportedly ‘told Chelsea he has no interest’ in moving to Stamford Bridge.
Dortmund retain hope of keeping their prized midfielder beyond this season. However, if he does leave, he’s expected to fetch at least £100m.
BETTER NEWS FOR CHELSEA ELSEWHERE
Meanwhile, the Blues have received better news on the transfer front with regards to Brazilian wonderkid, Endrick.
The 16-year-old is one of the most heralded youngsters to emerge from Brazil in recent memory. Given that country’s history of producing world class footballers, that’s quite a statement.
The Palmeiras striker is wanted by Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG and Chelsea, and according to ESPN, PSG have seen two bids rejected.
The latest was worth €45m and was turned down ‘instantly’. PSG reportedly intend to raise the stakes with a third bid worth €60m, though the report indicates Chelsea are following the situation closely and will match PSG’s next offer.
It’s claimed the final decision on who to join will be up to Endrick himself. On that front, it’s stated his current preference is joining Chelsea.
If a deal is agreed, Endrick cannot join a European club until he turns 18 in 2024.